September 2010

posted 22 Oct 2010, 12:19 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

COMMITTEE MEETING – 9TH SEPTEMBER 2010

 

Present:                 Barbara Brown

                                Gwen Mann

                                Roger Mee

                                Chris Mee

                                Gill Morrell

                                Janet O’Connor

                                Gill Ridings

                                Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies were received from Irene Pope

 

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed as read.

 

1.       Matters Arising

Halloween Party for Committee & partners at Chris’s on 30th October at 8.00 pm. 

Table booked at The Waggon at Birtle for 4th December for Christmas meal.

2.       Dunham


Quote received from Rob Naylor for the work on the path at Dunham Farm.  Deferred to the next meeting so we can get more information from Irene.

3.       Secretary’s Report

Nothing to report.

4.       Rights of Way Meetings

Joan advised that the next meeting would be in October.  Nothing to report.

5.       Treasurer’s Report

Gill outlined our current financial position.  £5324 in the bank.

6.       Bury

No report as Irene on holiday.

7.       Lea Holme

Joan advised that there were streamers and a windmill attached to the fence at the back of Lea Holme which may cause some riders a problem.  Also the gate needs re-aligning to allow more room for turning bigger horses around to close it.   Gwen had spoken to David Brennan who has said if its a hazard it can be removed and the gate should be moved within the next two weeks.  There are some Himalayan Balsam weeds behind Lea Holme which also need cutting back.

8.       Greenbooth

The bracken on the narrow path over Greenbooth needs cutting back.  Gill Ridings said she would do this while out walking her dog.

9.       Community Matters

It was decided that rather than trying to tackle the horse poo problem ourselves, if anyone approaches a Committee member about horse poo on the paths then contact details for the livery yards in that area should be given to them.

10.    Tack Auction

Committee members to try to get there as early as possible... 7.00 pm.
BB to get tags and string
Chris will bring a couple of tape measures

Items are sold as seen.


11.    Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting is 21st October at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s house.

Comments