October 2010

posted 18 Nov 2010, 11:08 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

COMMITTEE MEETING – 21st October 2010

 

Present:                 Barbara Brown

                                Gwen Mann

                                Roger Mee

                                Chris Mee

                                Gill Morrell

                                Janet O’Connor

                                Irene Pope

                                Gill Ridings

 

 

Apologies                Joan Snowdon

 

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed as read.

 

1.       Matters Arising

·         Lea Holme

Balsam still needs bashing down and the gate has  not yet been moved.  Gwen to give David Brennan a call.                                                                        GM

·         Dunham

Irene contacted Lancashire Council on 20th September and to date has not had a response.  IP to chase.                                                                           IP

Ask members at Monday’s meeting if they agree to the expenditure on this.                GR

Obtain another quote to compare.

2.       Secretary’s Report

More keys are needed.  Gwen to arrange to get some cut.                                                        GM.

3.       Rights of Way Meetings

·         Rochdale  - no issues

·         Bury
Irene attended but only three members of public there.
Some trees had been cut down the day before on the track near the motorway bridges near Minevah
No progress on diversion at chicken farm.
Next meeting is on 9th February 2011 if they are still going.

 

4.       Community

·         £200 from Ann Metcalfe’s ward funds for a bridleway in Norden.  Proposed new gate at Nabs Wife.  GR to advise Ann Metcalfe.                                                     GR

 

5.       Next Year’s Calendar

Suggestions:

·         Baileys Feeds

·         Pony Club

·         Craig Darcy – Removing a shoe safely

·         Naylors – cheese & wine (November)

·         Fashion Show

·         Ashbrook – Knutsford

·         Towing

·         Chris Peat

·         Quiz Night

·         Map Reading

·         Treasure hunt


Christmas ride – route to be decided.

 

6.       Website Update

108 visits. 2.8 pages per visit

7.       Any Other Business

Try to drum up some new committee members.
Someone had raised a problem with road surface on Black Pits.  The general feeling was that there wasn’t a problem.
Relaunch buddy scheme.

8.       Next Meeting

The next meeting is Wednesday, 17th November at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’s house.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Comments