May 2010

posted 24 Jun 2010, 13:34 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

ROCHDALE & BURY BRIDLEWAYS ASSOCIATION

COMMITTEE MEETING – 19TH MAY 2010

 

Present:                 Barbara Brown

                                Lynne Cramb

                                Gwen Mann

                                Chris Mee

                                Roger Mee

                                Gill Morrell (Part)

                                Janet O’Connor

                                Irene Pope

                                Gill Ridings

                                Joan Snowdon

 

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed as read.

 

1.       Lea Holme

Gwen advised that the wall had been taken down but it was still fenced off at Coal Pit Lane.  All the protest signs have been removed.  JS and GM had been removing rubbish from the track.

2.       Ashworth Concessionary

Gwen advised that they had shoes ready for spraying orange as waymarkers.  Joan advised that she had had problems getting Bobby across the stream since the path had been cleared.  It was agreed to find out how much some fieldguard mats would cost.  GR to check price.                                  GR.

3.       Social Calendar

Janet advised that Bev Berisford could not make Monday’s meeting but has agreed to talk at the June meeting.

4.       Organised Ride

Picnic ride on 20th June.  Meet at top of Woodhouse Lane at 10.30 am.  It was agreed to go around Cowm Resevoir.


5.       Furbarn Lane

Gill raised Furbarn Lane on behalf of Ann Metcalfe.  It was felt this wasn’t an issue as Furbarn Lane is a higher status than bridleway.

6.       Evidence Forms

It was agreed that we should get evidence forms filled in for Bird Sanctuary path and Dexine path but just hold them in case we need them in the future.

7.       Share your Route

Gill R advised of a website called Share Your Route which is good for sharing riding routes.

8.       Path Clearances

We agreed two path clearances – 1st June Broadhalgh next to Taylor Park and 15th June – Meadowcroft Mills (this has since been cancelled as the council has done loads of work down there).

9.       Barbeque

It was agreed we should  hold a summer barbeque if Karen is willing to let us use her ménage again.  GR to check with Karen.                                                                            GR

10.    Carnival

Theme is It’s on TV.  We are hoping to put a walking group in.

11.    Carole Roberts

Irene asked if we could give Carole Roberts a key because of the work she did getting the drains upgraded.  It was agreed to give Carole a free membership, but as we have refused other people keys because they don’t come to meetings it was felt that it would be unfair to give her a key.  BB to send membership card to Carole.                                                                                                                   BB

12.    Golf Links Poster

BB to create a notice to put on the Golf Links path about the improvement work.                      BB

13.    Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting is on 23rd June 2010 at Chris & Roger’s house.  Start 8.00 pm.

 

Comments