August 2010

posted 12 Sep 2010, 11:27 by Rochdale & Bury Bridleways Association

ROCHDALE & BURY BRIDLEWAYS ASSOCIATION

COMMITTEE MEETING – 19th AUGUST 2010

 

Present:                 Barbara Brown

                                Roger Mee

                                Chris Mee

                                Gill Morrell

                                Bernard O’Connor

                                Janet O’Connor

                                Irene Pope

                                Joan Snowdon

 

Apologies were received from Gwen Mann

 

 

The minutes of the previous meeting were passed as read.

 

1.       Matters Arising

Lea Holme – A fence has been erected which makes getting through the gate very awkward.  The council have agreed to change the angle of the gate to make it easier and safer.

Following a discussion about Greenbooth and the gates incident it was agreed not to put any signs on the gates.

Irene said she was still waiting for a quote from Rob Naylor.  Joan agreed to follow up.        JS

The matter of the kissing gate near the bird sanctuary was closed... this is not going to happen.
Panic over.


2.       Rights of Way Meetings

Joan advised that the next meeting would be in October.  Nothing to report.

3.       Secretary’s Report

Barbara to send a letter to Julie Simpson thanking Jerry/Johnny for the work they have carried out at Splash Lane and Meadwcroft Mills                                                                                              BB

4.       Treasurer’s Report

Gill outlined our current financial position.

5.       Bury

No problems in Bury,

6.       Website Report

Gill gave statistics on website hits for the last months.  There were 85 visits, average 3 minutes on site and there were hits from 5 different countries.

7.       Tack Auction

Janet to speak to the landlady at The Pack Horse about holding the tack auction there because the general feeling was that Pete Spence’s place was too remote.

8.       Any Other Business

·         Prison Ride

The prison ride that was cancelled in August will be on 26th September.

·         Buddy Scheme

The buddy scheme needs re-launching and updating.

·         Tiger Traps

The cost of a tiger trap is approximately £200 if Johnny puts it in.  (Can’t remember where).

·         Norden Area Forum

The next area forum is on 22nd September.  It was agreed we should take more of a back seat on this instead of putting ourselves in the firing line. Just go and listen.

·         Christmas at The Waggon

BB to book the Waggon for 11th December.

Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting is 9th September at 8.00 pm at Chris & Roger’
Comments